Join us as we go on the hunt for Truffles at Ganymede Farm in the Southern Highlands and share our recipe for the perfect vegan cheese and truffle toastie.
This recipe makes 2 vegan cheese, mushroom and truffle toasties.
1 x Table Spoon Nutelex (vegan margarine)
4 x Slices Bread
1 x Block Green Vie Mozzarella (vegan cheese)
1 x Lemon
1 x Teaspoon Olive Oil
1 x Table Spoon Soy Sauce
Shaved Fresh Black Truffle (to taste)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
½ cup Enoki Mushroom
½ cup Shiitake Mushroom
½ cup Oyster Mushrooms
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Sautee mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, add lemon zest to taste, a dash of soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste
3. Sautee for a another 2 minutes or until brown as per your liking
4. Butter both sides of bread, fry one side until brown and flip over
5. Add vegan cheese to browned side, once browned add sautéed mushrooms
6. Add shaved truffle, close toastie. Enjoy!