Can you ever really have too much of a good thing? We’re having fun concocting chocolate creations at home, using our talented chef Brooke’s easy vegan chocolate buttercream recipe.
Why not give it a try yourself?
This Biscuit Cake is sure to delight your family and can be re-created in multiple shapes and sizes to suit different occasions. From number shapes for birthdays to egg shapes for Easter. The different components can also be used separately and are fantastic staple recipes to use in the kitchen. We like to use the biscuits at Christmas for cookies and the buttercream and cream cheese frosting for cakes, cupcakes and desserts.
Ingredients: 200g Nuttelex or any vegan butter 90g caster sugar 250g self-raising flour Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
2. Place nuttelex in a mixing bowl, whisk until soft.
3. Add caster sugar to the butter, beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Sift in self-raising flour, using your hands bring the mixture together until it forms a dough.
5. Cover the dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Roll out dough until about 3mm-thick.
7. Cut desired shape twice to layer
8. Place in oven on baking paper-lined trays for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
9. Allow the biscuit base to cool
Vegan Chocolate buttercream
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons Nuttelex or any vegan butter 200g icing sugar 35g cocoa powder 100g plant-based milk 1 teaspoons vanilla extract Method:
1. Place butter into a bowl, whisk until soft.
2. Add sugar and cocoa powder, beat mixture until well combined and smooth.
3. Slowly add in plant-based milk, while stirring.
4. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Transfer mix into a bowl and place in fridge to chill for 20 min.
Vegan cream cheese frosting
Ingredients: 110g vegan cream cheese 45g nuttelex or any vegan butter 230g icing sugar ½ teaspoons vanilla extract Method:
1. Place cream cheese and butter to a mixer bowl, whisk until well combined and smooth.
2. Add half of the icing sugar and mix until well.
3. Add the vanilla extract and the remaining icing sugar and mix until smooth.
4. Transfer mix into a bowl and place in fridge to chill for 20 min.
To assemble cake, place the first layer of the cake on platter. Use piping bag, start to pipe small mounds of buttercream and cream cheese frosting to cover the whole biscuit base. Place the second layer of biscuit on top. Repeat the same process as the first layer, and decorate with fresh fruits or edible flowers.