When it comes to iconic Aussie food to commemorate tomorrow's national day of importance of ANZAC Day, you can't go past ANZAC biscuits. Our macadamia and apricot vegan versions are incredibly moreish... so you may find yourself making (and eating) a few batches!
1 cup plain self-raising flour
1 cup rolled oat
I cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup brown sugar
60g macadamia nut (rough chopped)
60g dried apricot (rough chopped)
125g vegan butter
2tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarb soda
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Place the flour, oats, sugar, coconut, macadamia and apricot in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Place the golden syrup and vegan butter in a saucepan over low heat, stir until melted.
4. Combine the bicarb soda with the water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well to combine.
5. Place spoonful of the mixture on baking trays lined with baking paper and flatten a little with a fork. Allowing room to spread.
6. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.