Making your own tofu at home is incredibly simple and satisfying. And did we mention it's much cheaper and tastes better than store-bought tofu? Plus you only need a few ingredients and a cheesecloth to get the job done.
1 Litre unsweetened soy milk
1 tbsp coagulant
1. Pour soy milk into a cooking pot, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Add coagulant once soy milk is cool, stir gently. Leave it to set for 5 minutes.
2. Line your tofu mold with cheesecloth, and fold the cheesecloth onto the top surface of the tofu curd. Apply the pressing plate on top of the cheesecloth, pressing for 10 seconds every 5 minutes. Press for 30 minutes.
3. Drain the water if necessary.
4. Transfer the tofu block into iced water together with cheesecloth and leave for 5 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the cheesecloth from tofu and leave in the cold water for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove tofu from the water, leave it to dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Cut to desired sizes and serve food fresh or cooked.