A delicious breakfast, brunch or snack option, this recipe puts a twist on your traditional waffles, adding a punch of pandan into the mix.
Pandan gives these waffles a sweet and fragrant edge, while tinting the waffles with its bold green colouring. Enjoy warm with coconut ice-cream and fresh berries for the ultimate waffle splurge.
1 bunch fresh pandan leaves (chopped)
2 cups plant-based milk
2 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
4 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla paste
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
Cooking spray oil as needed
1. Add 2 cups plant-based milk and chopped pandan leaves into the blender. Blend well, strain into mixing bowl, add lemon juice or white vinegar and whisk. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add in vegetable oil, maple syrup, vanilla paste, sea salt and baking powder into pandan mix and whisk while gradually adding in flour.
4. Pre-heat waffle iron and spray with cooking oil, pour on batter and cook according to machine instructions.
5. Serve with ice-cream and fresh fruit.
6. Garnish with micro flowers.