An Aussie childhood favourite, made vegan.
Ingredients for sponge:
70g melted vegan butter
½ cup sugar
1tsp vanilla paste
150ml plant-based milk
180g self-raising flour
Any type of jam, we’ve used raspberry.
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
80ml soy milk
2 Tbsp melted vegan butter
2 Tbsp hot water
Desiccated coconut (for rolling)
1. Preheat oven 180c.
2. Combine vegan butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and soy milk. Whisk to combine then add in self-raising flour and whisk again to form a smooth batter.
3. Line non-stick baking paper in a baking loaf tin (23 cm x 13 cm) then pour mixture into tin and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
4. Turn out and let sponge and cool. Once cool, split the sponge into half evenly. Spread Raspberry Jam on each cut side of the sponge. Put sponge layers back together.
5. Cut the sponge into 8 squares and set aside in the fridge.
6. To prepare chocolate coating, whisk all ingredients except the desiccated coconut to combine.
7. Dip each sponge into chocolate coating and immediately roll in Desiccated Coconut. Repeat with remaining sponge squares. Enjoy!